Dreams like this happen to anyone else??

I had this dream about this guy I used to fool around with for about 5 years off & on, nothing has happened between us in about 4-5 years but it was a really good dream, I dreamt that things were going on again and I seemed really happy in the dream. He is married and has been the whole time we were fooling around and I was single, now I have been in a relationship for 2.5 years and am happy he is still married & now has 4 kids. Do you think I thought the dream was so good just because of the fact that I know it won't happen anymore in real life??

slynnb

Asked by slynnb at 10:26 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Could have been, i have had dreams about past relations and i have been married for 6 years. You don't control your dreams, just what happens outside of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 26, 2009

• probably! I've had a bunch of dreams in a row this past week about ex lovers/boyfriends. but in reality I would never go back!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I think it's normal to have those kinds of dreams. I dream about men I was with years ago once in a while. I think somewhere in the dream there's a meaning. Like maybe you miss the excitement of the relationshisp, or you miss the sexual side that the person shared with you or something as simple as this one liked to hold hands, that one was a hugger, one was always wanting to do really fun things together and you miss that in the relationship you have now.
    Mine used to be dreams where I was making love with them and in that moment it felt really nice in the dreams, I woke up feeling guilty etc but now, I'm dreaming of them and trying to talk to them to find out what went wrong, to learn what not to do again which I'm guessing is my subconscious way of figuring out if I'm making the same mistakes again.
    I am a natural problem solver. I can't stop thin king about it till I figure out how I should've fixed it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:53 AM on May. 26, 2009

• yes- and I am always extremely happy when I wake up and realize it was just a dream...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:20 AM on May. 26, 2009