Am I the only one who thinks Kate is emotionally abusing Jon?

I have watched the show from the start but as time has gone on Kate has gotten so mean and nasty in her comments to Jon. It is crazy! If I did that to my husband, he'd leave in a second.

Why does she get a pass for being abusive? Because she is a "strong" woman?

No, if this were the other way around and it was Jon saying that nasty stuff to Kate we'd all be mad and angry and saying "she needs to leave him" and "he needs counseling." But why do women take Kate's side in this? Have you not seen what her put-downs have done to Jon?

If she really were a "strong" woman she would admit that she has a problem with verbal abuse and would seek help for it. Maybe then the two of them can move forward. But until she admits that her love of the fame and her attitude towards Jon are a problem, those 2 are doomed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• I agree. She has gotten after him for the way he breathes, for moving his arm while speaking, for messing up a word. And you can tell he's embarrassed, but doesn't want to argue on camera. It's truly sad. Then, last night, Kate admitted that she's been hard on him and even said she felt guilty for it. Yah right! IF she actually felt bad, she would make an effort to change, and she obviously hasn't, since her abuse escalates every season. I admit I'll watch the show as long as it's on, but I do think they should cancel it and try to be a family again, or they are never going to make it. And the kids are going to hate their parents when they get older and realize they broke up because they'd rather be rolling in cash than trying to work out their problems.
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 4:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree, I remember one episode where he interrupted her and she was like OMG, YOU NED TO WAIT UNTIL IM FINSIHED SPEAKING! HOW LONG HAVE WE DONE THIS SHOW AND YOU HAVENT LEARNED BY NOW? I felt really bad for him at that point. He isnt one of her children
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:32 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't take Kate's side one bit. She annoys me to no end. I don't blame Jon for the way that he feels - he has had enough!

Anyway,,she said that the paparazzi annoys her but I don't believe it. She likes the attention.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I will never take Kates side in this, but she did admit (sort of ) last night that she "doesnt always say the right thing". I think it was her round about way of saying she MIGHT have been hard on him. Oh wait, she did say she was hard on him. I was half asleep. I knew from the first time I ever watched that show that if she kept that up, her marriage would be over. Technically they both had a hand in it. I think if I were Jon, I would turn to another woman too. No, its not right, but its one of the reasons why people cheat. He didnt cheat (or so he says) but he did find himself in an inappropriate position. I guess he just wanted to be around someone who didnt verbally abuse him?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• It has become acceptable in todays society for women to belittle men. I don't find her abusive, but she is a nagging wife and does need counseling.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:35 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I think he wants to have a conversation about something other then, who is going to watch the kids when Kate leaves next or talk about daily fun stuff instead of everything that comes with being famous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Yes she may be too hard on him sometimes but it's not emotional abuse. She says what she feels and doesn't hold back, it gets you into hot water sometimes but it's not that big of a deal.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:38 AM on May. 26, 2009

• OP here - I have watched all the shows except for maybe 1 or 2 here and there. And I have seen the changes in both of them. She was getting meaner and meaner over the episodes and he was getting more and more distant. I was in Jon's place not too long ago. I had a husband who said the most horrible things to me. He never laid a hand on me in anger but his words were enough to make me just like Jon is now. I got lucky, my husband got help and I got counseling to help repair the damage. That was 3 years ago and we are still together. He is a completely different person now. Maybe I can just spot it easier having lived it. But last night, watching the show, when Kate was crying and then said, "I don't want to mess up my make-up."??? WTH! If you really cared about your mistakes and your marriage, you're first thought would not be about your make-up! I hope her revelation about "being hard" on Jon makes her think about her role...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 26, 2009

• in the problems with their marriage and helps her to seek help.
    Anonymous

• I remember in the season premiere she said something like "do I think I pushed Jon to this? No, I think everyone is responsible for their own actions."

Which IS true...but NO ONE should take that kind of treatment. they're supposed to be partners, a team, HUSBAND AND WIFE.

I think Kate got what was coming to her. I don't feel bad for her. She brought all this on to herself--comes back to being responsible for her actions, since I'm sure it was her decision to keep going with the show---and wanting the fame and the money, rather than recognizing the problem and dealing with it in an appropriate manner.

The kids are who is going to suffer the most....and it's the kids I feel bad for.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:42 AM on May. 26, 2009