• In the Spotlight:

What should I do?

My brothers GF is really starting to get on my nerves, and what is worse she is supposed to be my friend. It's a hell of a long story on how we all met, but there are thing that happened that should have remained private. She is now going around and telling everyone in the family and making my marraige extrtemly difficult. I confronted my brother last Friday about her yelling at my kids and she texted me an hour later saying she never talked to them. I am to the point where I think I would be better off without her friendship, but how to I tell me brother to stand by me and protect my integrity. he is not saying anything to her about what she is doing to me and my family. What would you ladies do?

mandic

Asked by mandic at 10:37 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• i would sit down and talk to him about it.
    if he loves you he shouldnt be that mad about what shes doing to your kids,
    and if he loves his nieces/nephews he would be concerned about whats going on.
    and let him know that you dont respect her, and that you love him enough to tell him that.
    eggopregokrissy

Answer by eggopregokrissy at 10:42 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I'd call her on it. I'd ask her how she'd like it if you told your brother things she did before they got together that was a private thing you and her had discussed. Don't put your brother in the middle of this, it's not his battle and you'll lose your brother in the process (been there done that).
    As for the way she treats your kids...simple, when she does it say "don't speak to my kids like that". When she tells people things discussed in private say "it's good to know that anything I've told you before or tell you now, I know you'll share with everyone, that's always good to know".
    She's trying to blend in the family but is going about it all wrong. Secrets between friends should still be secrets but the bad part is.. when you're not close to one when you hear the secret, it makes it difficult once you do know them because if it's something they did wrong to that person, it's harder to "understand".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:44 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Tell your brother straight up. That you love him but his Girlfriend is a scum bucket and that if he wants to continue to put up with her crap fine but that you won't. She isn't YOUR girl friend she is HIS...and thus you don't have to put up with it. Let everyone know that you don't like her and that until she acts right then you won't. That if she decides to get her head out of her butt then you may reconsider whether you will be friends with her or not but as of right now it is a NOT.

Hey at least she is your brother's girl friend and not his wife. Better to be straight up with her.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 11:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I would cut her off & hope brother get's out of her vagina long enough to realise she is a bitch. You don't have to say ANYTHING to your brother. If he asks whay you don't like her anymore, all you have to say is "she is disrespectful" and if he gets mad, let him. You are his sister, & he will always love you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Again I say, do not put your brother in the middle of it if you love your brother and want to keep a relationship with him.
    Your problem is with her, not him. I'm sure he's told her things he doesn't want the family to know, and like all blabbermouths, she will spill on him too and hopefully he'll understand where you're coming from and someday she will slip and make a crucial mistake in front of him and then it'll be him that ends it on his terms, not because of you.
    As much as possible avoid her, or don't tell her anything else that you don't want told. Until he decides he wants to be done with her you're going to have to be cival to her or you're going to lose him. 90% of men turn to their wives family (and sometimes girlfriends) and leave theirs... so don't give him an extra nudge in that direction. If all he has is her, then you're helping her by alianating him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:19 PM on May. 26, 2009