My baby becomes a Tween on June 3rd

My baby turns 9 on june third she finally can peddle her bike as of yesterday, (she has a case of slight cerebral palsy) anyway how far should I let her ride it alone, we live in a mayberry type town but still how far should I let her go. I am trying the summer with no daycare because I lost my daycare assistance and I can't afford it. She is going to help with her five year old brother, I work from home and all they have to do in be quite, play outside, stuff like that. But I need some boundry ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son is nine and I do not let him go any farther than across the street to the neighbors house, where he can hear me if I call him, and where I can see him if I look out the window. We also live in a very safe town, but that doesn't mean anything. We can never be too careful and 9 is still so young.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:00 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Not very far. She is going to be 10 and has a physical condition. What if she were to fall and couldn't get back home? I would err on the side of caution and safety. At that age, I let my son go around the block or up and down the block (we have long blocks). He couldn't go riding around the neighborhood until he was 12.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:17 PM on May. 26, 2009