Why do people have to be so rude??

I asked a question about my 5 1/2 month old DD. She will be staying with grandma for 5 nights. She doesnt get to see her grandma at all because we live so far away (DH is military) I simply asked if anyone had left their LO for 5 nights and if they had any issues returning back to breastfeeding. I have 150 oz of milk already pumped in the freezer to go with DD to grandma's house. Plus a can of formula JUST in case. .....I didnt asked to be bashed for leaving my DD for 5 nights, I dont think its that long or that she will be "traumatized" I have only left her one time and that was for over 24 hours with daddy and she did great, she took her bottles of breastmilk and when I came back she went right back to breastfeeding, and she wasnt "traumatized" she did smile at me and seemed to be happy to see me and that was at 4 1/2 months old. Shes had no issues switching from breast to bottle since she was 6 weeks old.

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 10:42 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think people mean to be so rude, but 5 nights is a long time to be away from a 10 year old, much less a 5mth old. I really think it will be traumatizing to be away from you that long. But you do what you want.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2009

• dont worry about the stupid immature people on here, some of them have nothing better to do with there time then sit on the computer and be rude to people... She is your daughter and u know what is best for her and what she can and cant handle..... so just dont listen to them and I dont think she will have any trouble at all My son was in the hospital for almost a month and went right back to BF when he got home and he was 4 m at the time...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I dont think a 5 day break is much to ask for, I have devoted my life to being with DD 24/7 I quit my job so I could stay home with her because I didnt want her to have to be with other people at daycare all day long. I wanted her to have either me or DH with her everyday. Shes never been left with anyone other then me and DH, Ive NEVER even left her with a babysitter, she is staying with her grandma whom I trust completely, she is a wonderful mom and I trust her with my life. otherwise I wouldnt let DD stay with her. Thats why I havent even left her with a babysitter because I dont know who I can trust and who I cant (other then family) so ive been too afraid to leave her with a babysitter
    Italiancouture7

Answer by Italiancouture7 at 10:52 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Everyone has their own opinions!!!! They maybe be upset that no one offers to spend time like that with theirs!? I personally think its great that her grandma wants her! Grandparents deserve to know their grandchildren!!!!! You deserve a break, so F what anyone else thinks!!!! This is beneficial to you all! And God forbid but if you ever had to go away for any reason, you and she need to know someone will always be there for her whom she knows and trusts! Keep the bonds going and don't stress peer opinions, you know your reasoning! Don't ever let anyone make you question your mothering skills, in your heart you know what's best for you and for her!!! And when dh gets home, let him spend some alone time with her as well, go do something nice for you even if its just for 2 hours!!!! Good luck and God bless you all!!!! Keep your head up and let the insults roll of your back like water.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:53 AM on May. 26, 2009

• and I dont think thats a long time to be away from a 10 year old. My mom used to leave me with a babsitter EVERY night to go out. I HAVE NEVER DONE that, and my mom would leave me with my aunt for a week at a time sometimes. but I enjoyed that because I liked my aunt she was soo nice, I didnt like being left with the babysitters though. and I was 4 years old and I was never traumatized...also BTW the grandma im leaving her with isnt MY mom, its DH's mom
    Italiancouture7

Answer by Italiancouture7 at 10:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• ok 5 days?!?!? People are making a big deal about that. Its not like your DD is going to be with a stranger she is going to be with her grandmother!! With family thats fine if its just a friend as a babysitter then i would question it but its FAMILY! I dont understand why people make a big deal out of everything like that. 5 days is a long time with a baby that young but hell your child your decision if there is something that you have to do where your child needs to be away from you for that long then fine at least she is going to be with family. ugh people cause to much drama its like high school all over agian
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:10 AM on May. 26, 2009

• "Too long for a ten year old"?? Horse pucky! I used to spend a week at my grandparents' house twice a year when I was around that age...I wasn't traumatized at all...I had a ball!!

If you feel it's ok to leave your daughter, then don't worry about what others have to say. I also hate it when I ask a question and all I get is a bunch of unwanted opinions/advice...why can't they just ANSWER THE QUESTION??!!??
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:10 AM on May. 26, 2009

• What if you had to hospitalized for 5 days, and obviously your daughter couldn't stay with you... would she still be "traumatized"?? People say such stupid things...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I haven't left my son yet... but a friend of mine had her honeymoon when her daughter was 5 or 6 months... she was also breastfed but took a bottle as well. I don't think they had any trouble going back to breastfeeding while she was away.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:13 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I am sure she will be fine. I regularly send my 11 yr old to my moms for a week at a time during the summer. Shes not traumatized. She actually prefers to be there...hmm what does that say about me?....LOL...I guess she doesnt like my rules.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2009