After the kiddo gets the idea of going to the potty do you still have to treat them?

DD has been going about a week in the potty and i still verbally praise her and at night or some time during the day give her a collective prize but not every potty time is that far since she has got the idea?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:45 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• since i'm only 5 days in i will give her something once a day like chocolate milk and say this is for being a big girl and pottying all day in the potty on a no accident day
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 11:09 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i gave my dd stickers for the 1st month
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:56 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Praising your child is ok in my book..But treats like food or a present NO.. You need to stop that. Cause if you continue you'll have a 14 year old coming to you wanting a gift evey time she go the the bathroom.

Answer by louise2 at 11:06 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I think verbal praise is the best. And I think if you keep it up she'll keep it up! Good Luck!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:21 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Sound like it does not matter what we say you..Your going to do what you want anyways. Hope whatever you do works out for you. Good luck.

Answer by louise2 at 12:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• For my son his treat of choice was one mini marshmellow, he loves them. He really just quit asking once he got the hang of it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2009