My daughter (11 months) is always messing with her ear.

She is always putting her fingers in her ear, if she has a spoon in her hand she will try to put it in her ear. She will lay her ear on her shoulder. She doesnt have fevers. She has been doing this since 6 months. The doctor said it was her discovering her ears. And it may be teething, but she got her 2 teeth around 8-9 months and none since then. Anyone else going through this? I do have a doctors appointment for her on the 1st.

Proudmama0887

Asked by Proudmama0887 at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bring her to the doctor..She might have an ear infection.

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2009

• This happened to me too, I noticed my son pulling and swatting his ear a lot. I made an appt with my pediatician, thinking it was an ear infection. Although I do believe a doctor should still see your child just to make sure she doesn't have anything going on, rest assure that many children do this during the teething months. I found out that my son's interest with his ear was due to the pressure the teething was causing. Babies don't know where the pressure or pain is coming from so they just assume its coming from their ears. It may also just be so simple as your baby is discovering her ears and is quite entertained by them being there!
    myakita3

Answer by myakita3 at 11:07 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My 8 month old daughter does the same thing. I think it's just habit at least that is what the dr said. Or she may have a little wax in her ears that itches.
    Momuvtwinz

Answer by Momuvtwinz at 11:55 AM on May. 26, 2009