yesterday i started haveing a icth and later that night they became red bumps kind of like when u have a misquito bite and you itch it it swells up i thought they would go away by the morning but today i have more i think it might be an allergic reaction if it is will it hurt the baby

hunybuny4708

Asked by hunybuny4708 at 11:08 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anytime something like this happens you should consult your physician...It could be nothing...but you never want to chance things when you are pregnant.
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 11:12 AM on May. 26, 2009

• What makes you think it was an allergic reaction besides the rash? It sounds more like maybe poisin ivy or something the way you described it, have you been outside alot theis weekend? And no I don't think either will hurt the baby. But if you are especially concerned you can always just call your Dr and ask the nurse, they should be able to answer you better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Where is the rash at? Is it where your skin touches other skin all the time? like the top of your belly and around your boobs (sry)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:15 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Depends on if the bumps are all over your body or isolated in one place..It could be eczema or chicken pox's

Answer by louise2 at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Sounds like poison ivy or eczema to me. And I don't think it will hurt the baby.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 11:45 AM on May. 26, 2009

• take benedryl you can take it when you are preg. and weather it is an allergic reaction or whatever it will make it feel better. Remimber when you are preg. you can become allewrgic to things that you were never allergic to before.
    momwalker

Answer by momwalker at 12:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I had the same thing and was called PUPPS. Its very itchy and i mean very itchy and it gets worse when you scratch them. I got them one night out of no where i thought it was an allergic reaction and tried EVERYTHING and so it got to the point where i went to the ER. So, I went to the ER and they told me its very common during pregnancy. Usually women get them in their third trimester with their first child i got it with my second during my first and all i can say is it is the worst thing EVER. Anyhow, they gave me some steroid cream perfectly safe during pregnancy and it went away within a few days thank GOD. I hope you dont have them because they are horrible but then again if you do its not serious and can be treated and causes no danger to the baby. If it gets worse go to the doctors and ask them about some cream. Hope you feel better hun.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Sounds like it could be PUPPS. I had that during my twin pregnancy. Here is a link about it:  http://prenatal-health.suite101.com/article.cfm/itching_during_pregnancy_and_puppps  It wasn't a big deal, just annoying and itchy, but you should still call your doctor and get it checked out.

Kim

justkima

Answer by justkima at 12:16 PM on May. 26, 2009