Do you think he can do it? lol She's 11 months old

My boyfriend says he can do everything I do for three days straight. "Like cake"
This includes;
-Diapers
-Feeding
-Playtime
-Nap/bed/middle of the night time
-Preparing her for going out
-Cooking dinner
-Making lunch/breakfast
-Dishes
-Cleaning house DAILY
lol I personally think he'll last about 24hrs at best.
Has anyone made a similar bet? What were the results?
Or should I have faith in him? (:

VonWiggles

Asked by VonWiggles at 11:12 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't had a similar bet but I'm curious about the results. There are some guys out there that can do it and some (like my dh) that couldn't. Even if he only lasts one day at least you get a day off :)
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:15 AM on May. 26, 2009

• LOL I think it depends on how much he does NOW. If he doesn't do much now I don't think he'll make it. If he does a fair amount now, then he probably can do it. My husband could do it easily but he does a lot already now... infact, he'll be a "stay at home dad" this summer because he's a teacher.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2009

• keep us updated on the results! LOL. SO and I havent made any bets, but I do often think about how he'd handle it. honestly I think he'd do ok!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 AM on May. 26, 2009

• lol you gota let us know how he does! But i gota say have some faith in him he might get stressed but he could suprise you...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:20 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Throw bath time in there and he'll run screaming. Nothing intimidates a man faster than trying to hold on to a wet naked baby.
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 11:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• :) I think it really depends on your boyfriend but you may be surprised.

My husband is a very hands on dad and *has* done all this and more for a day or as much as three -days at a stretch (when I'm away for a girls weekend each year.) Granted he does need 'cheat sheets' when it comes to the school schedules because, in fairness, he's *not* home with the kids most of the time and doesn't have the bus schedule and what not memorized. BUT, he is totally capable of managing two kids and a household.

Then again, we're partners at home to start. I do more day-to-day stuff mainly because I only work part-time (2 days a week) and he works full-time. When he is home, however, there's little he doesn't get elbow deep into. I'd not doubt his abilities to step in if he wanted/had to.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• LOL Jodie! I never thought of that!!
    Well, the best WAS for everything... so I might say "nope, that's included, you said ALL of it"
    lol
    VonWiggles

Answer by VonWiggles at 11:35 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My DH works nights and sleeps most of the day because of it, so he doesnt do anywhere near as much as I do. I think he *MIGHT* be able to do something like that. He has no patience though, so he gets frustrated very quickly. I'd have to make him a list of how often to do things.

I think he'd pass when she's older. When she a bit more independent, walking and such. He'd be able to do more with her.

But for Three days STRAIGHT with no help for me whatsoever.......He'd be running to his mommy by night fall! Hence why he's not going to be a SAHD.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:43 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I think he can do all those things. I'm just not sure he can keep himself from not going crazy as well haha. I know mine couldn't!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Like the rest, I'm curious to see how well he does! Please let us know! =) I think my DH could do it for a day or so, but more than that would make him crazy! He has a hard time some times when I go to the store or out for some me time for a few hours! LOL But he could manage if he had to! She would probably be filthy and not eat what I would feed her but she would be fine and probably think it was funny! (she's 10 months and has the funniest little courtesy laugh, ha ha ha) :)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:18 PM on May. 26, 2009