Birth control pills

I am on the pill and I am going on a trip so I want to mess with my pill so I wont be on my period for the trip. Can I stop taking the pill today ad get my period in the next coule of days, then start taking it again next wed. so it will stop by the time I go out of town on friday? Anyone have any experience with this? Im not worried about pregnancy cause he is fixed...just dont want the period on the trip.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It would take about 2 months or more for your cycle to change over. Skiping a few pills for a few days wont change when youll start.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:21 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Skipping the pills DOES affect when you'll start. It did for me anyways when I used Yasmin and OrthoTricyclen Lo. What I always did was get 2 packs of BC and when it came time to start the sugar pills, I would skip them and keep on taking the regular pills until it was "convenient" to have my period. It'd always start the sugar pills the day after I got back from vacation.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:25 AM on May. 26, 2009

• If I was going to be on my period when I didn't want to then I would skip the last week of the old pack and immediately start the new pack. You will likely spot a little on the first couple days of the new pack, but you will not have much of a period. Then just keep taking them like you normally would. This will cause you to not have a period this month and possibly start early next month though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:56 AM on May. 26, 2009