Would You Find It Odd If Your Child Had NEVER Been Sick?

My daughter is nearly six months old, and she has never been ill. No jaundice, no cholic, no reactions to vaccines....not even so much as a cough or cold! She does not even seem particuarly affected when she bumps her head or limbs on things. I know, I know....you are probably thinking "Are you crazy? Just be grateful lady!" I am, believe me. However, I cannot help think that it is a bit out of the ordinary.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 11:24 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• That's pretty normal, my son never got sick until about he was a year old, and when he did it was just a common cold, I wouldn't worry too much about it! just enjoy it while you can, cause when they're sick, it's a pain in the booty!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:31 AM on May. 26, 2009

• If you think the is unable to feel pain, then maybe you should have her tested for congenital insensitivity to pain. It is a rare condition but something that should be diagnosed. It is a condition that allows children to feel touch, but the brain doesn't receive signals that the child is experiencing pain.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Not being sick, NO, but not feeling pain, yes. My son is 3 and I think hs had 3 colds. One time it was croup, but the other two were just sinus infections. Thats basically once a year. Hes just really healthy, but hes also the least immunized. Just my experience though.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:47 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Wait, I just reread your Q....shes only 6mos old..Give it time. Many children do not have high suceptibility to germs, but shes got plenty of time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:48 AM on May. 26, 2009

• perhaps you just have really good immunity in your genes! SO rarely ever gets sick! I only get sick a couple times every year.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:56 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Sounds normal to me, My son didn't get his first cold until he was almost 2! When you have more kids they can get sick quicker, i just figure that because my son got a cold a few weeks ago and gave it to his baby sister but she was 11 months and that was her first time being sick. Both of my kids were like that but if your daughter still doesn't realize pain by the time she is 1 i would mention it to the doctor but as of right now she sounds completely normal. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:01 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter was past a year the first time she got sick. She rarely gets sick, and when she does, her symptoms tend to be quite mild. At 13, she has been on antibiotics twice: once for cellulitis from scratching a mosquito bite, and once from strep throat. This past winter, she had a cold for the first time in over two years; she had forgotten what it felt like to be sick and was the whinest, crankiest crab.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Sounds normal I kno wi have pretty healthy kids then if anything happends they get well or heal fast. I am just happy!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:22 PM on May. 26, 2009