Whey protein?

I recently started my weight loss mission and a friend suggested I added Whey Protein after exercising but after researching I got like a million other ways to use it...like twice a day and everyday even if not exercising...so im confused to say the least.

Do you use it? if so how?

Thanks in advance!

bumblebeestingu

Asked by bumblebeestingu at 11:26 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• I would be very careful with any highly processed food or supplement. Most Americans eat WAY too much protein, and the eat mostly the non-fiber kind, like meat and dairy. You would much better off adding beans, lentils and tofu to your diet, along with lots of water, fruits and veggies and whole grains.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I use whey protein. I have also cut out most red meats. I like to make smoothies with it. I have found that I am losing more weigh since beginning to use it. Also, be sure that you are drinking at least 8-8 oz. glasses of water daily.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 4:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Look into the ZONE by Dr. Barry Sears. He teaches balance and the correct ratio's to metabolize everything and level hormones. Whey is ok and isn't the worst thing there is, but I would balance the different types of Protein and don't just stick to one. I use Nikken's Body balance protein shakes and they contain the most perfect balance of protein fat and carbs I've seen, and It uses Whey and Soy so you're not overdoing both. Visit my page or my website www.nikken.com/1heart1mind and I'll tell you where to find it.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:45 PM on May. 26, 2009