Anyone elses toddler spit their food out?

My son used to be so good about eating, he would eat anything and He loved anything I would give him, now he's almost 18 months and he spits everything out! I'm sure it's just a phase , but when will it end? lol

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 11:27 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 14 months old and he does this with certain foods. He's been sucking cheese off mac and cheese and spitting the noddles out. He spits rice out. Green beans. And a few others. I just figure its a phase and he'll get over it. LOL I think he does it to be a brat too. I just keep putting it in his mouth. Or sometimes he just may not be hungry? Either way its annoying isn't it? LOL
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:34 AM on May. 26, 2009

• My son used to be the same way! From about 12-18 months he would eat anything and everything put in front of him. Then he became this picky eater! He's 2 1/2 now and he will only spit food out if he truly doesn't like it or he's full. I always make him try everything at each meal at least 2-3 times, sometimes he'll eat it and other times he won't. But I don't want to deal with a picky eater for the next 20 years!! LOL
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter is 17 months and has always been a GREAT eater. Then all of a sudden, she won't finish her food, she picks it up shows it to me and throws it on the floor. She'll puts bites in her mouth and chews a little then spits it out or takes it out by hand and throws it on the floor. I know your frustration! Im sure it's just a phase and you just have to keep trying and keep it light. Good Luck
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son eats like a bird.. Hes not really picky but he just doesn't eat much but his first initial reaction when I give him something new is to let it fall off his tounge like he hates it - I give it to him again and he usually trys it the second time and will eat it but if he realyl doesnt like it, he scrapes his tounge like its HORRIBLE..lol!! and if he semi-doesn't like it, he just lets it fall out of his mouth..lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:24 PM on May. 26, 2009