what are the common side effects of a c-section?

not sure what's normal or what's not. lack of sexual intrest, numbness from the block and the scar still burns

kirbysgirl

Asked by kirbysgirl at 11:37 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Health

• My scar and about a 1/2 inch around it are numb and they have been since my first c-section 2 years ago. My anut says that her back atill hurts sometimes from the spinal, her c-section was 11 years ago. I would ask your OB and make sure that you are having normal reactions.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:41 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Scar, back pain in lower back, problems going #2 sometimes, lack of sexual interest/vaginal dryness. Those were my side effects that are still going on 3 years after I had mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 26, 2009

• I had 3 c-sections - each one caused me to be sore, numb and itchy (normal during healing). Doc said it was important to keep it dry and clean. FYI - it gets easier each time, not as sore the second and third time around. Myself, I had no interest in sex because I was afraid that any pressure on that area would be too much - not to mention I was too tired anyway:)
    momofthreekjs

Answer by momofthreekjs at 12:08 PM on May. 26, 2009