if you had a snack for you and your child,but your child was about to eat lunch and you wanted to wait to give them the snack,would you wait to eat yours with them? Or would you just eat it in front of them and tell them they will get theirs after they eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• id wait to eat it with my child. its rude to eat in front of anyone and not offer them something. whether its a child or not.
    Anonymous

• I'd probably share my snack - depending on what it is. If there was lunch was COOKING, I'd share a bit and tell them to wait.
    Anonymous

• If I was too hungry to wait, I'd share mine with my child. A small snack before lunch isn't going to hurt my child.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't eat it it front of them. I might hide in another room and eat it though!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Same as mompam, I would not eat infront of them but if I really wanted it then I would go in the other room.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• lol- my kids probably think i don't eat- I like to sit down and enjoy my dinner so if i ate with them I would have to keep getting up to get them something else and it would make me not happy-- so I feed them, then when they are done and playing, showering, or having their "quiet time" I eat with few interruptions. I may eat my snack while they finish up eating if I really want to, but it wouldn't be in the same room... and their snack would have been dispersed to them with instructions to finish their meal first (yes- i am luck, my kids will actually follow the rule)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 12:35 PM on May. 26, 2009