How can I find housing for under $650

I'm currently living in a little apartment but I really wanna move with my children to a bigger place so they can have more room to move and play. Any ideas of where I can look for a place.

rita2009

Asked by rita2009 at 11:57 AM on May. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• rent.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 26, 2009

• Wow... Where do you live? I have what's considered a really high rent here and I pay $500 a month for a 3 bedroom house.
    Check craigslist and backpage for rentals

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Where do you live?
    QueenMama7808

Answer by QueenMama7808 at 12:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Check foreclosed listings.
    Anonymous

• www.craigslist.org
    In Chicago, I don't think that you can get a studio apartment for that...

Answer by rkoloms at 3:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Holy crap Sabrina...I live in CT and we unfortunately have the highest rental rates in the country..wtf? We're in the process of buying right now, but a few months ago we were considering another apartment and the CHEAPEST three bedroom we could find was $1,200 and it was a total scum pit. A decent 3 bedroom will run you at least $2,000!! It's insane!!! That's why we are buying, it's actually way cheaper to buy around here then it is to rent!

OP - I would check rent.com or apartments.com....you can search for certain requirements (bedrooms, payment, utilities, ect) and see if anything fits your needs. I think craigslist is good as well...but I personally don't trust that site...too many sketchballs...
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 4:29 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Try www.realtor.com, you can check places for rent and put in your price range.
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 10:53 PM on May. 31, 2009