Is it just Christians....

against abortions? I just read an answer on another post talking about Jewish people not being tied to Christian beliefs. I thought with maybe one or two exceptions Jewish people do not agree with abortion. I also thought many Christian groups have a few exceptions for abortion as well. Personally I don't think there is any exceptions to kill a baby but I was under the impression many organized religions hold a few exceptions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm surprised that you bothered to read my answer. My point wasn't that Jews believe in contraception or abortion--I don't know if they do. It was that they have beliefs that are pointedly different from most christian views. Catholics believe in abortion only as a way to save the life of the mother, yet the 9-yr. old girl I spoke of WAS in danger. She was pregnant by her stepfather, with twins, which would have certainly placed her life and her body in danger. When her mother and doctor went forward with the abortion, she was excommunicated from the Catholic church. The step-father who raped her was NOT excommunicated. Religious reasons are NOT valid. I would rather be able to make my own decision about my body rather than have someone else--particularly a MAN--make the decision for me. I chose to take my pregnancies to term, but I don't presume to tell another person that she must do the same.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:23 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It's not really a religion thing. There are plenty of Pro-Choice Christians. And there are pleanty of pro-life non-christians. It''s a personal choice thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Abortion is a pagan thing and you can find it at this site

Child sacrifice in the new age: by forerunner.com

You will be shocked at what is found there.
    Anonymous

• Anon :51....Your answers are so obviously uneducated and bigoted, that it doesn't deserve more than this sentence...

And I have to agree with SabrinaMBowen....beliefs about life/conception/abortion can all vary by individual. Even individuals that share a religion. Its a personal decision everyone must make for themselves. That is why I am Pro-Choice...I fully believe that its up to each individual to decide what is right for them and if it correlates with their religious beliefs.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 12:55 PM on May. 26, 2009

• *Looking in mirror*
    No I was not always a pro~lifer until I became saved and realized the truth of who uses abortion the most.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Answered at 11:51 AM on May. 26, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Abortion is a pagan thing and you can find it at this site

**

Are you KIDDING me???? You REALLY believe this garbage? Please . . . you need a healthy dose of reality.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Although I would not have an abortion, I would not tell another person to not have one. I know plenty of Christians who believe that abortion is the womans choice. And I know plenty who are NOT Christian who are ProLifers.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:31 PM on May. 26, 2009

• "Abortion is a pagan thing and you can find it at this site

You will be shocked at what is found there."

Some people are so gullible I have no idea how they function in life.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• There are a lot of atheists against abortion. I'm not one of them, and I frankly cannot imagine myself ever being pro-life at all, but they are out there in growing numbers.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Catholics believe in abortion only as a way to save the life of the mother

Technically incorrect. I was raised Catholic. Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation... the whole nine yards. Catholics do not believe in abortion in any way, shape or form. If a mother's life is in jeopardy, it is the Catholic view that the life of the child is more important than the life of the mother. This is because the mother has had her chance at life and it is for her to give up that life so that her baby can survive.

After watching 2 mothers in my church die because of this view (one of the mother's had 4 other children!)... I left the Catholic faith and have never looked back.
    Anonymous