Some friend..ha

Okay so I have this friend who be-friended me before I moved to this town..we have hung out a couple of times but now it seems as if she could care less about hanging out with me or helping me when I need something..like on Monday she invited everyone but my family over to have a BBQ...I mean its whatever but Im wondering..what do you think..is she trying to not be my friend? Or am I looking at this a little too hard?..
Oh and also I asked her yesterday if she could watch my kids while I go to the cardiologist and the only reply I got was "I have other plans" not oh Im sorry I cant, I have other plans, or even I have other plans SORRY..no she just bluntly said I have other plans and didnt say anything else!
Ugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• hmmm how odd! did y'all have a recent disagreement or something? have you spoken to her today? after she responded "no i have plans" was that the end of the conversation?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:15 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I dont know if she is done with being friends with you but unless she starts acting like a friend I would not even bother iwth her. Sounds like she is shutting you out.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It honestly was the end of the converstation..I have not talked to her today and we have not had any disagreement...which is very odd to me..
    another thing I found odd is that she watches a lot of kids (she has 2 of her own) and she never really complains or anything like that but the day she watched my kids, she put up a journal saying how she isnt going to babysit on the weekends and she has to have at least 2 days notice and stuff like that (I have ALWAYS tried to give a notice) I just find it weird that she'll go hang out with other people and have a huge BBQ without at least asking if we would like to go..Im not trying to be that controlling friend..I am just hurt that she wouldnt even consider inviting me..but yet we try to invite her and her family whenever we do stuff!
    Anonymous

• i had a really good friend years ago. we always hung out, had a lot in common, and always had fun together. than she met a new group of friends and she just....shut me out. years later I called her home and her mom gave me her number, I called and never got a returned call. I recently contacted her brother on myspace and he gave me her email address, but I probably wont even bother. it hurts, but sometimes that just how things are! and it often comes out of nowhere!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• wait for her to call you, then ask if something happened when she watched your kids, cause you noticed how distant she was towards you since then. just be honest ya know? if she's a true friend she wont be offended and see how it kinda hurt you!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My guess is that everyone expects her to babysit and she's tired of it. Does anyone pay her to babysit? It gets old and expensive to be constantly taken advantage of with your time and money as well as the emotional rollercoasters some days have.
    It's nice when a friend calls you up to say hi, not to call you up and say "can you....?".
    I have a friend that anytime she calls and says "how much do you love me?" I just instantly say no I'm not picking up your kids, no I don't want to babysit them before she even gets to ask.
    People forget that other people have lives outside of the friendship. Find a new babysitter, she was obviously trying to make a point when she posted that.
    If you want to keep the friendship, then find another babysitter. Maybe she needs a break from all of the kids, maybe your kids and hers don't get along very well, maybe a lot of things. I'd outright ask her what's the problem so you can fix it
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:38 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yeah it is a little hard..um as far as I know everyone pays her for watching their kids and I do too..I honestly pay her way too much but its whatever..like she had her kids stay over night with me and paid me $40...and I had her watch my kids for only like 4 hours and I paid her $40..so yeah..I mean I know at one point my youngest son wasnt getting along with her son but I know now they worked it out..or at least as far as I know!
    Anonymous

• Could you have simply worn out your welcome. If a friend is needy and clingy right away then it does get old FAST.
    Anonymous