Something you have done that is not typical for your religion

I just thought this would be a fun way to show that we are not all boxed in to one way of thought or way of doing things based on our religion.

I will start. I went to a protest about bibles in public libraries, but I was protesting to keep them in, and I am an atheist.

So how about you? What unexpected thing have you done that most would not think you would do based on your religion?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 12:14 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Christian, yet I don't believe in hell, Satan, religious exclusivity, that Christianity or the Abrahamic faiths have a monopoly on God and His affections, Biblical literalism/infallibility, the concept of the trinity, converting people, and so forth.
    I DO believe in Universalism, religious equality/plurality, that all paths lead to God and have truth to offer/teach a universal message of love and compassion (which is IMO God's greatest commandment and ultimate message), and so on.
    I don't fit the stereotypical Christian at all.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My husband and I are atheists but we were married in a church.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't know... As a pagan I don't really think there is a norm... I guess the big one for me is I don't recycle. I would be happy to, but we don't have any way to. There isn't anything like that offered for at least an hour from my house. No collection places, no nothing. So I don't... I think it does more damage driving an hour each way than it does not to recycle...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Bandgeek521 - I could live with your type of Christianity! :)
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 12:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• As an Agnostic, there really isn't a defined idea of what we "do" or "don't do"....so pretty much everything I do is "ok" and "normal" for my beliefs..LOL

Good question, though! Thinking outside the box is always a good thing.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 12:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• im a satanist....lets see i helped a friend of mine with a car wash, to help her church earn money to go to some bible camp thing.(i was in high school at the time) the other parents didnt like me much (i dress/ed in all black, chains, spiked collars etc) but i was the one to hold the sign by the road, and i got more people to come in (i was dressed kinda whoreish lol)..

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I am pagan and this weekend i am helping my MIL's church with a mini extreme home makeover for a local family, also i am going to have my son baptised. I am the only one in my family and my husband's that is pagan and I feel it takes a village to raise a child and everyone involved in his life has decided that they would like it to be done. (i thought i needed to explain the whole baptisism thing).
    Lacymarie

Answer by Lacymarie at 1:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I am another bandgeek, LOL. I don't believe in Satan or Hell.

I am also learning about psychic abilities and reading tarot - something most Christians run away from.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:28 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I volunteer with one of the local Catholic churches. They don't care what religion you are they say "a volunteer is a volunteer"
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:33 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Oh hey Jenni, have you seen the Angel tarot deck? They have the most beautiful art work.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2009