Tandem Nursing

I'm currently pregnant (just found out) and am still nursing my son who is 13 months. I don't know if I will tandem nurse once the baby comes (kinda playing it by ear right now, we'll see what happens over the next few months) but I would like some more information. Also, I have a question on how the older sibling reacts to the younger one nursing. Does the older one get jealous when the baby is nursing? How do you introduce the idea that the older one will now be sharing?
Any other information would be greatly appreciated (I am also researching online but I wanted first hand knowledge as well). Oh, and if you know of any good resources that would be great :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• The La Leche League is really the best source for this kind of question, or try the Breastfeed Group on Cafemom

Answer by rkoloms at 12:37 PM on May. 26, 2009

• This group - http://www.cafemom.com/group/5540 here on cafeMom has a lot of tandem nursers who can tell you their experiences first hand. Good Luck.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:01 PM on May. 26, 2009