• In the Spotlight:

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED..."WHY GOD?" AND THEN FEEL GUILTY?

IS IT GUILT OR A PITY PARTY CAUSE IT DIDN'T GO THE WAY I THOUGHT I'M HURTING MOSTLY CAUSE I DIDN'T SEE IT COMING, THE TRAIN THAT STRUCK ME DOWN WITH CONCERN TO MY 18 YEAR OLD SON. GROWING UP STRICK CATHOLIC THAN BECOMING BORN AGAIN, HAS DEEPEN MY HOPE FACTOR FOR SURE, BUT EVERY NOW AND THEN WHEN RECALLING HOW IN TUNE MY SON AND I WERE IT FRANKLY HURTS. I LEFT HIS DAD BECAUSE HE DIDN'T LOVE US ENOUGH TO GIVE UP HIS DRINKING THAT CAUSED HIM TO CHANGE IN CHARACTER AND THAT INCLUDES ME TOO. THE WALKING AROUND THE HOUSE ON EGG SHELLS AND BECOMING AFRAID FOR BOTH MYSELF AND MY SON MADE ME ONE DAY SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.I STILL CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER, MY SON WAS JUST TURNING 16, DID I DO RIGHT? MY SON'S REBELLION HAS LEFT ME SO DRAIN. THE MORE I GAVE IN HOPES THAT LOVE WOULD CONQUEROR HIS PAIN, THE FURTHER HE PULLED AWAY. OH HIS THERPIST COUNSELED US BOTH, YET SEPARATELY BUT THE PAIN I HAVE NOW IS A DEEP HOLE IN MY HEART.

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 12:18 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• How old is your son? Kids typically rebel. If he is 18 perhaps it is time to cut the apron strings. You can pick up the pieces but you have to let him fall down. And I am making many assumptions since you don't really say how he is rebelling.
    Anonymous

• To respond to Annoymous, you are right I am moving forward to cutting his string cords. His greatest response to rebelling has been in stabbotaging his school with exessive absences and from a 3.75 student down to less than 200, discontinuing his theraphy for depression and discontinuing his anti meds, and instead taking up pot smoking, sleeping in, and 180 degree turn from the level headed individual he was to disrespect beyond my wildest dreams. I am kicking him out of his free living and hope and see? It just isn't as easy for me as it would be for some. And walking in my shoes right now is hard for me. But I am going thru with it - June 30th.09
    csjoy1

Answer by csjoy1 at 12:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Just leave it all in God's hands and He will take care of things. It's called faith. Not always easy but it's the right thing to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Your son sounds an awful lot like my oldest daughter. Despite how hard it is the best thing you can do is stick to your word and do wht you have to do. Kids with emotional trouble will turn on the person they love the most. They know that your love is unconditional. They have no problem venting all there anger and disappointment with life on you. Its the old "bite the hand that feeds you" thing. I bet your feeling like a failure as a mother right about now arent you? Replaying his whole life over and over in your head. Blaming yourself for his bad choices. You need to stop. You need to tell him and yourself...that you did the best your could. That you deserve respect and he can either give it to you or he can live his lifestyle someplace else because you arent paying for him to live this way anymore. His behavior is disrespectful to you and to himself and you dont have to be a party to it. Good Luck Momma......
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:22 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• keep prayin and stop givin in
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:42 AM on Oct. 18, 2010