Does anyone else have a 2 1/2 year old who is still on the bottle?!

ihave3turkeys

Asked by ihave3turkeys at 12:20 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, my daughter was bottle broke at 10 months. But my neice was on the bottle till just after she turned 2. That was a nightmare! No matter how they went about it, it broke her poor little heart. I was NOT going to go through that!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter is 2.5 and still nursing.
    Anonymous

• Oops, didn't mean to click submit. I'm anon :25, anyway, she only nurses 1 time a day...before bed.
    Anonymous

• Mine was. She used a sippy cup or open cup during the day but wanted a bottle of water for naptime and bedtime.
    I finally told her about the bottle fairy and started a count-down by having her put a bottle in a gift bag for the fairy every morning. When the last bottle went into the bag, the bottle fairy came and took them all to a new baby who needed them. The bottle fairy brought her a "big girl" gift - a simple punching balloon, $1 for a pack of 4 at Target - but she loved it and talked about her bottles, the fairy, the new babies, and how she was a big girl every time she played with it. She only asked for her bottles a few times after the fairy took them all away and we had no tears or tantrums. YEAH!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son was on a bottle still at that age. He used it at bed time. He is now 4 1/2 years old. I ended up having to throw away all bottles in the house & tell him that baby's needed the bottles. It was a fight for the 1st 2 nights & after that he was good.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:27 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My daughter just turned 2 and we went through 2 weeks of living hell breaking her from the bottle at 23 months. We survived somehow but I swear her little heart broke. It was like she went through a greiving process.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well, my daughter just wants water in her bottle, which is saving on our milk bill! Breaking her off of the milk bottles was HARD. Now that we are down to just the water bottle, I feel a littel better. She has a baby brother who is 10 1/2 months old and he still has a bottle, so I think that is making it harder for her to give it up when she see's that HE get's a bottle. She know's it's for babies, she know's she is not a baby....and we have tried every darn thing in the book to get rid of it! It is like a few of you have said....it's like we are breaking her heart in two! It's like we are torturing her she just cry's and cry's until we give in and give her the bottle! I fell like I have totally failed at being a mommy!!
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 1:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My 21 month old son still used a bottle for water at night..thats the only bottle he gets. I have no issues with it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:14 PM on May. 26, 2009