What's your opinion?

What do you think about relationships "requiring work?" Do you think that marriage/relationship is just a walk in the park and you and your Husband/SO "just work?" Or do you believe that marriage and relationships require a lot of work and effort?
I've just always believed that no matter who you are, and how well you think you "work" together, everybody has arguments and rough times---

Just looking for opinions.

--I have been with my Hubbie for over 4 1/2 years (we're highschool sweethearts), and have definately had our fair share of spats and arguments, but we've never given up on each other. I really do believe that my relationship requires work and effort on both sides. And even though we've hit rough patches, we're still more in love and happier than ever.

carliemarie1015

Asked by carliemarie1015 at 12:23 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I think some may require more work than others...but when you find what "works" for your relationship, that it can become a "walk in the park".

My Husband and I have been in a relationship for just over 10 years, living together the whole time, married for a little over 7 of those years. I can count on one hand {with a couple fingers left over} how many arguments we have had in these past 10 years.

So, our relationship IS a walk in the park...but only because we made the decision together, after our last argument, that NOTHING is worth us arguing over. And, we have not since.

momneedscoffee

Answer by momneedscoffee at 1:41 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I think ti does require work, as a team to solve the problems that happen in every relationship.
    I've been with my hubby for 16 years and we learn some tricks, and we understand each other better but yea, we still have to work at keeping it fresh when we get in a rut, we have to work together as a family, as a couple to make important decisions.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:31 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Relationships...marriages...

to me they require team work...

I also believe that you both need to have the same (not all but most) wants, have the same morals, respect for eachother, dreams, and most importantly you can not be a quitter.

Both need to believe in their vows, their words and know no matter what the other person will be honest and protect you.

Team work...all the way..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Relationships require work for sure! I think there's too much breaking up at the slightest breeze these days. Socks on the floor, TP loaded the "wrong way", not taking out the garbage...that is small stuff. Nagging only makes a man determined to avoid what you want him to do. If he does do it after you've browbeat him, he will be resentful. Both scenarios are a recipe for disaster IMHO. For ideas on cultivating marital bliss and the kind of fairy-tale love we dream of, check out my group The Real Ladies Rebellion : Sweet Surrender

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• work should renamed compromise. I think you should never stop dating, i know that sounds impossible especially with kids..but act like when you when you were dating . What I mean is being romantic and going the extra mile to say nice things, flirt, steal kisses. Romance dies quickly without effort. Maybe wear lingerie under your clothes and flash him a little peek as soon as he walks in from work ;)
    partiesRmyjob

Answer by partiesRmyjob at 1:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My DH and I have been married for 17 years, together 19 (as of today :o)) The time before children was a walk in the park (9 years). It's when my time was not 100% available to him that our issues arose. Then a special needs child added some interesting elements! lol! Neither of us believe in divorce, but we've still had to work to make things go smoothly. Every once in a while we hit a bump in the road, but we're in it for the long haul! :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:38 PM on May. 26, 2009