• In the Spotlight:

convertible carseat?

Have any of you tried the Combi Zeus Turning Car Seat??
Its quite expensive but seems to be a great car seat. It turns so you can get the baby out from the side, which would be ver helpful for my big man. Any of you have it?

trl30

Asked by trl30 at 12:29 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • That doesn't sound safe, a carseat needs to be fitted into the car so there are no injuries. I would just go with a normal convertible carseat, I have two kids that are extremely difficult to get in and out of the car but I manage. It's for their safety, not to make things easier on us. You should look up reviews on it and safety info on it to make sure it's 100% safe.
    Anonymous

• Ive always heard that they are really small and you dont get the life out of them that the seat says you do. For a convertable I would go with the Evenflo Triumph Advance, I love it. But if you have the money to spend, a Britax carseat is top notch and they are really safe and comfy. Trufit is a good seat too... they have a taller shell so they can reach the rear facing limits that are recommended-2yrs/35lbs. And will you can harness to 65lbs in them as well.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I've heard that it is very large and bulky. If you have a smaller car, it might not be the best. Also like PP, I'm not sure how safe that really is! That was my MAIN concern when I bought my Maxi-Cosi Priori. My DD LOVES it! It's rated excellent from Europe and they have a lot higher safety standards then the US. This is where I bought it from (for a discount because of color discontinuation).
    http://carseats.babycatalog.com/infant-to-toddler-convertible-car-seats/priori-convertible-car-seat/22476.html
    It has as good or better ratings as the Britax which is just as, if not more, expensive. And if you are looking at that turn kind, you are willing to pay the money! I payed for my baby's safety, not for my convenience.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 12:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Zeus-Turn-Convertible-Seat/product-reviews/B0018CKQ26/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_721953_combi_zeus_turn_convertible_car_seat_reviews#bz-model-reviewTitle

Looks like a bit complaint is that it's rear facing up to 22 lbs only. So if you have a bigger child, he/she my outgrow it.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the answers! i didnt realize it only went up to 22lbs for rear facing. my baby is 20lbs and only 6 mon. so that won't work. i think im going to go with Britax! =)
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 1:51 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I dont know what kind your talking about, but the britax is a great one, I put my son in it rear facing at 5 months he was weighting about 16lbs, and when he hits the weight he will turn around, my daughter used it til she was 2 years old its a great one just not one for flying.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 3:08 PM on May. 26, 2009