Do you ever use natural products (like food) for beauty products?

I made an egg yolk mask yesterday, and I made a mayonnaise hair mask today. It wasn't as slimy and nasty as you might think! The mayo made my hair incredibly soft, better than the conditioner I use right now. It took a lot of the frizz out of it as well. The egg yolk mask made my skin really soft and clear-looking.

Haha. I've always heard about the natural beauty products, but I'd never tried them until now. Much much cheaper and just as effective =]

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:35 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use extra virgin olive oil as a hot oil treatment but no foods.
    3LiftedMe

Answer by 3LiftedMe at 3:05 PM on May. 26, 2009

• olive oil is AWESOME for dry skin.. especially hands! Lemons are good for lightening dark spots on the skin as well as naturally lightening hair when mixed with sunlight! Cucumbers or green tea bags (once used then chilled in fridge) is great for removing puffiness from the eyes. Yes I love natural beauty products!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:40 PM on May. 26, 2009

• YES! its the only beauty products i use! lol i use a honey facial mask,..just pure honey,.and i also do an egg yolk mask,.try using just the egg white,.just rub on like you did with the yolk and leave on for 15 min its great! and lemon juice on the face helps treat pock marks as well,.and potato's hepl out with scars on the face as well.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:59 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Thanks for the idea I have been puchasing natural beauty products from whole foods but now I. Can try cheaper ideas

Myni

Answer by Myni at 9:26 AM on May. 27, 2009

• Yes I use the Aspirin Mask (aspirin, honey, yogurt (optional), and water. A conditioner (yogurt, honey, avocado, and banana.) A lip scrub (sugar and olive oil.) And more.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 11:49 PM on May. 27, 2009