Enfamil or Similac?

I'm pregnant with my second baby and I'm planning on breast feeding, but my daughter only breast fed for 2 months and then we went to formula. I'm hoping the second one will go longer and I won't have to use formula. With my daughter we used Enfamil Lipil and we liked it, but I just thought I'd check and see what everyone else liked. Thanks!!!

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:49 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most Dr's/Hospitals recommend Enfamil Lipil. I've used this for all three of my children with no problems.
    Good luck to you and Congrats!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I used both but I honestly like Similac better because it disolves right away and Enfamil sits there all clumpy. When WIC switched to Enfamil we decided to cut back on things and buy our own formula because it was way too clumpy, that was my only concern but I'm pretty sure they're both the same nutrition wise.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Enfamil Prosobee is what I used to supplement. I mostly breastfed for 14 months.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I was always told that Enfamil is better because it helps with the brain and eye development. I tried Similac first before i switched to Enfamil and it was just horrible. It was too hard on my babies stomach but, everybaby takes to formula diffrently you just have to see what your baby works best with. Me personally...i wanna say the only the only thing i didnt have a problem with was breastfeeding but i was only able to do it for 3 months and then i just got so tired so...
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 1:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• parents choice- purple
    Anonymous

• same ingreds- as enfamil- less money-parents choice.
    Anonymous

• I personally liked Enfamil better than Similac. Similac was so hard on their bellies. In the very end, I actually liked using Good Start in the orange can. It was a little more than enfamil, but it had those "comfort proteins" which made my babies bowels movements healthy and soft. We didnt have constipation issues and no hard poops with that stuff. Plus it had the dha and ara in it.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My son started on Enfamil but it was constipating him so we switched him over to Similac and it works just fine. We have not have any poop problems since. LOL.
    lilmomma090908

Answer by lilmomma090908 at 1:10 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Personally I would breast feed for as long as it didn't seem wierd :-) after my daughter for some reason my milk never really came in. I did everything the dr said. Eating the "right" foods lots of water everything but nothing helped. I struggled thru 2 months and just couldn't do it any more. My in laws kept her for a a couple hours so I could have dinner with my husband, she was 2 months old and so I pumped a bottle. After she had the bottle she didn't want the breast any more I'm guessing cause it was really hard for her to get milk out. Hopefully my milk comes in good this time.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 1:13 PM on May. 26, 2009