Enfamil or Similac?

I asked this in the pregnancy area but thought I'd try here too. I'm pregnant with my second baby and I'm planning on breast feeding, but my daughter only breast fed for 2 months and then we went to formula. I'm hoping the second one will go longer and I won't have to use formula. With my daughter we used Enfamil Lipil and we liked it, but I just thought I'd check and see what everyone else liked. Thanks!!!

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:52 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Similac after breast feeding. Worked good for us.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:55 PM on May. 26, 2009

• parents choice gentle ease
    Anonymous

• I started with Similac after I stopped nursing my twins, but after a couple of months I switched to the Sam's Club Members Mark. My pediatrician said it was fine, and it saved me a LOT of money times 2.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:57 PM on May. 26, 2009

• We use Enfamil and love it. But try and try and try to keep breastfeeding as long as you can. I wish I did. I pretty much gave up at 4 months. I didn't take care of my self and my supply was greatly effected by that. It's not the baby that stops, it's usually something the mother is doing or not doing.
    Eat well, drink LOTS of water and liquids in general and feed on demand and you should do fine for a long time!! I plan to do a lot better next time around. Formula is so expensive, I wish I could still feed her for free! :)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• After thought! Sorry! :) If you have a Costco membership, I've heard their brand is the same as Enfamil. Don't know for sure because I don't want to switch her up in the last couple months of formula and mess with her little tummy. DD is almost 10 months and will be tasting her first real milk soon! =) ....... :( my baby is growing up!!! =(
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2009

• We use Enfamil. At BJ's you can get a 38oz can for $34 versus the 24oz for $27 at WalMart. The first few weeks my son's stomach was all messed up so we switched to Enfamil Gentlease but at about 5 months we switched back to Enfamil Lipil and he has had absolutely no problems!
    Anonymous

• I used enfamil because of the low birth weight formula the doc gave us and then just stuck with the same brand once she gained weight. Our doc recommends different brands depending on the issue. good start for upset tummies for one parent I know. I think they are all reasonably similiar. If you can get a bunch of freebees from the doc, even better! :)
    Anonymous

• Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Personally I would breast feed for as long as it didn't seem wierd :-) after my daughter for some reason my milk never really came in. I did everything the dr said. Eating the "right" foods lots of water everything but nothing helped. I struggled thru 2 months and just couldn't do it any more. My in laws kept her for a a couple hours so I could have dinner with my husband, she was 2 months old and so I pumped a bottle. After she had the bottle she didn't want the breast any more I'm guessing cause it was really hard for her to get milk out. Hopefully my milk comes in good this time.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 1:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i'd be more interested in researching on how to make bfing work rather than which formula. doctors are not lc and should not be used for bfing advice.
    Anonymous

• I met with a lc 4 or 5 times and nothing helped. They even suggested I started using formula because daughter wasn't gaining weight and that's when I talked to the pediatrition and they were worried to because my daughter loss a whole pound in the 2 days I was in the hospital and at two weekd had only gained 2oz so they were worried about my baby getting enough to eat. Once she was put on formula she gained weight like crazy.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 1:25 PM on May. 26, 2009