Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?

My husband left me and our almost 2 yr old son and left state. Not only that im 39wks and 5 days preganant with his daughter. He doesnt call at all but yet hes been telling ALL of his friends and family that I wont allow him to talk to his son. And he keeps bragging about how hes divorcing me. He also called his sister completely drunk and bragged about his new girlfrined! We've only been apart for a little over a month and hes already with another woman! What can I do? How do I go about making sure that I get the kids out of the divorce? Hes totally unfit and i dont want him around my kids AT ALL!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • Get an attorney. If he's really unfit and you can prove it, you may be able to get supervised visitation, but they won't take his rights away completely.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • Yup get a Laywer fast!

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • document everything in the mean time. Even if it's child care recipts, health ins. coasts. Yes, get a lawyer. But, you will need to prove what he has and hasn't done in the mean time. So record any phone calls, ect. Even if you never need them and have some " super easy divorce" it would suck to need them and not have it.
    Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on May. 26, 2009

  • Get a lawyer, file for support and move one, I know it is hard but it sounds like he did you a favor.

    Answer by salexander at 4:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.