No room for a book case.. what do we do??

We have no room in our nursery for a book case... but I already know that one of my showers involves everybody bringing a book... HELP!!!

tmbaby1

Asked by tmbaby1 at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• How about one of those smaller shelves that hang on the wall? Just make sure it's screwed into studs or otherwise firmly attached.
    Anonymous

• you can get cute baskets lined with gingham fabric that will also fit under your crib. That's what I did
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:23 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Is there a closet in the room? Maybe you could attach shelves in one end for books.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Do all of the books have to be in the nursery? Our first place was really small, so I only kept a small basket of books next to the rocker in the nursery and the rest of the books were kept on a bottom shelf (so DS could reach them) in the family room.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:24 PM on May. 26, 2009

• In our condo, the nursery was really small, so I bought a small 2 shelf bookcase--about 24 inches high and 20 inches wide, painted it baby blue (I had boys!), and secured the back of it to the studs in the wall. It worked out perfectly, and the top of the bookshelf served as a shelf for a few stuffed animals. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:23 AM on May. 27, 2009