Should I Go Back To Work?

My Dh is on SSi for disability. When I went on LOA from work due to pregnancy complications, he found a job. He works 32-40+ hours a week depending on the weather. He loves working and I love staying home....

His check gets cut on the months he gets paid 3 times a month (may & october)... but thats not a huge deal. Our money is still really tight from where I was off work...

I love staying home with the kids, keeping the house cleaned up, etc... Love it. But I feel like I should be the one working bc Im not the one with the disability. But he got to stay home for 3 years w/ our ds now I want atleast 6mon- 1yr home w/ dd & ds...

He's never said anything about me working, etc... just a personal question I ask myself.... I sell avon, I sell diaper cakes, and I babysit for extra cash (which doesnt bring in a whole lot)

mommie_b515

Asked by mommie_b515 at 1:05 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• That's up to you! If you feel you are making it financially as things are now...stay home and enjoy your children. If you find that you are not making it financially...try other ways to make more money from home or get a part time job. I hope things work out for you. I am a SAHM, and simply can not put it into words the satisfaction I get being home for my kids and keeping a smooth running household without having to worry about whose watching my kids. Good luck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:11 PM on May. 26, 2009

• No. Kids need a mommy at home.
    Anonymous

• If you are able to have one at home, and if staying home isn't making you nuts (it did me), then STAY HOME.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 PM on May. 26, 2009