Would you donate eggs?

My SO thinks I should donate eggs, and I've thought about it before...
I've been reading up on it, and now I'm a little nervous. Lots of hormones, self injections, trips to and from the clinic, and I'm already plenty fertile (which is why I want to donate) and this is going to make me SUPER fertile, so I could end up pregnant myself! I'm not sure... have you done it? Do you know anyone who has?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've done it, and it is a HUGE commitment! All the appointments and injections, but I feel great about my decision! ...As far as being super fertile during the injections, DON'T HAVE SEX! lol They make you PROMISE that you wont because the recipients are paying a HUGE ammount of money for your drugs, and if you get pregnant, they lose all that money, and you could end up with a whole litter of babies!! Having sex, even with protection is NOT allowed when you are in a donation cycle!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 7:09 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would do it. I think there are parents out there without kids, that would really appreciate it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:08 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I think it would be hard for me, honestly.

Now if it were so my sister could have a baby, definitely, hands down, no questions asked.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• no
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 1:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• No.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 1:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Nope
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:38 PM on May. 26, 2009

• OP here---For those of you who said no... any specific reason? I'm looking for answers here, not syllables. If that were the case I would have done a poll.
    Anonymous

• I cant conceive
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 5:18 PM on May. 26, 2009