Why I don't control my husband

Am I the only one who feels that I don't need to control my husband? I know women who wear the pants in the relationship and nag them constantly about everything. My husband is a grown man, intelligent, works hard, he's a great husband and father. I can not imagine for one second telling him what to do, and how and when to do it. I know he feels the same about me.
I know I know.. Whatever works and it's none of my business how other people live their lives. Just thought it would make for good conversation.

BSFreeMama

Asked by BSFreeMama at 1:10 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't control my husband. He needs to be respected just as much as I do.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:12 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I'm the same way. My husband works hard, is a good dad. He pretty much does what he wants as long as it doesn't affect us in a negative way. I don't feel the need to control him.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 1:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't control mine either... he doesn't need to be told not to hang out in bars or with other women... most people with common sense know that's not good for a marriage lol
    He makes pretty good decisions on his own and I've found out that telling him no is the same as telling him to do it just to prove to me he can lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't control him but I sometimes keep him on track he can do what he wants to do as I do but if he wants to buy a new truck or take out another credit card we have to agree on that together first

Anonymous

• no i'm with you. My husband is a hard working, intelligent, amazing man. honestly I couldn't control him even if I wanted to! If I was that type of women I would not have be his wife right now. The plus side is he doesn't try to control me either!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 1:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't control my husband. You can't control people. It doesn't work and just think how it would feel if someone tried to do that to you.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 1:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with the wife bossing the dh around but don't step over their boundries don't try to be the man of the house. Just be yourself and do what you have to do with your dh there are dh's out there rather sit back and let the wife do it all or they are just spineless.
    Anonymous

• I don't control my husband, if I want a doormat I'll go out and buy one!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:14 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree with you. I cannot stand to see a woman treating her husband like a child. My husband is a grown man, and doesnt need me standing over his shoulder nagging him about every little thing.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:30 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree w/you! Nothing more unattractive to me than a man whose controlled unless its under the sheets!
    Anonymous