Did you name your child/ren a name that stands for something GREAT? Do you hope they live up to their name?

If your child has a name that has this GREAT meaning , do you hope they live up to it? Did you choose the name because of how powerful or the meaning it had?

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:11 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Actually, My son's first name is just one that I liked. But, his middle name means "Defender of Mankind" and is also in tribute to Alexander the Great...I hope he can live up to it. He is Braden Alexander.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

---
    very STRONG meaning , i love it!! ... and braden was one of my boy names! haha ... but i was going through a million spellings so i just crossed it off lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would never put that type of presure on my kids

Answer by louise2 at 1:18 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Well I named my daughter Jaylyn Rose-- The Jay for my grandfather, who besides my daddy was the man in my life for a long time. He was strong, kind, and loving. And Rose is my mama's middle name she is one of the strongest women ever, and the best mother (most of the time). So I named her after 2 of the most important people in my life.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:23 PM on May. 26, 2009

________________________________________
    Uh, she asked if we hope they live up to it, not if we were forcing them to. And yes, I chose it because of the meaning a connotations. I sincerly hope he lives up to it..and I encourage him to be his best and "defend mankind" if you will.

And thank you tha-hawt-mommie! I went through all the spellings too. I decided on Braden because it is the original and the most straight forward. He is 13 now and usually the only one his age with the name. There are millions now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My name is Latin for "war like one". My daughter's name is Greek for "Goddess of war". So it's a little obvious why I picked her first name besides the fact that it is a strong name and I want her to be a strong woman. Her middle name is for the limit I want for her, Sky.
    I have no expectations for my Miss Alayla Sky other than to be happy and to do all her little heart desires!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2009

• we named both our children after civil war generals< but also because we lvoed the names> SO is a huge civil war buff so i let him have it...

our oldest is William Thomas Jonathan Jackson....

william after his father and thomas jonathan jackson after" stonewall" jackson...

our youngest is James stuart... civil war general....

i dont expect them to live up to anything.. just be decent men
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:40 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My DD 's middle name is after my great great aunt who was the person I looked up to alot growing up. Her first name means princess of fairies.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:43 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my daughter's first name means 'butterfly, flower, blossom' and other things along those lines. I definitely hope that she lives up to her name, although she has shown me since the day she was born that she is living up to it. I just want her to be more outgoing, not the way I was as a child (very shy). her middle name is from a friend of ours; he's an amazing musician and I really hope she gets into music and other artistic things (unlike me!), although she's already doing that, too, she knows how to play the guitar pretty well, actually, and sings and dances constantly!.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 3:13 PM on May. 26, 2009

• We named our daughter Kylie Jaden, Jaden meaning in Hebrew "God has heard". We didn't name her Jaden because it was a popular name, I didn't even realize then that it was popular. We named her Jaden, because I couldn't conceive for over a year, and I prayed and prayed and prayed for a daughter. Then we had revival and one of the sermons was about symbolically opening up the barren womb, but to me the service was literal! I went up at the altar call and got prayed for and found out the very next morning that I was pregnant! 6 wks along!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2009