What is the best way to get my 2 1/2 year old daughter potty trained?!

ihave3turkeys

Asked by ihave3turkeys at 1:17 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait until she's ready.
    Anonymous

• Well, if she shows all the rediness signs, then, start by making sure you have a week where you can just focus on her. Have her wear panties or go naked all day. Take her and have her sit on the potty and try about evry 30 minutes or so. She will have accidents at first, just keep reassuring her and encouraging her to do it in the potty. Praise her when she does go in the potty...I mean, make an extraordinarily big deal of it (i.e. clapping, laughing, hugging) Do this all day everyday for the week, before it's up, she should be day trained. Continue this and then focus on night training... I did all this with my son and he was trained within a week or two. Day and night. Keep in mind there will be accidents, and regressions. Just be consistant and persistant.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:23 PM on May. 26, 2009