How do I get my baby boy to keep his socks and shoes on!!?? He pulls his socks and shoes off and so he's always barefoot!

ihave3turkeys

Asked by ihave3turkeys at 1:19 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont know, because i cant get my 1 1/2 year old to take her shoes OFF! I have to wait till shes asleep at night to take them off of her lol
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 1:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• LOL!!!!!! I don't have an answer for you, I just thought this was funny! My lo does the same thing!! I'm worried she's gunna start doing it to her diapers too! LOL =)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 1:21 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Why is it important for a baby to wear shoes?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I just think that maybe he should at least have some socks on when it's only 30 degrees or below outside! I love him in his barefeet, but I think people wonder why I don't put some socks on him! He is starting to walk now, so I think I should try to get some shoes on him! He's 10 1/2 months old.
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 1:25 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I don't think my son wore shoes or socks til he was walking age..lol!! I wouldn't worry too much
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Its a phase- you wear shoes right? He will too- now dont worry about it.
    Anonymous

• Lol I have no idea. My little girl hasn't figured out how to pull them off with her hands yet, but she rubs her feet together until her shoes and socks come off. I think it's hilarious. But of course it's annoying when she does that in Walmart and she winds up leaving barefoot, because I can't find her socks!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2009

• First of all, a child that young should not be wearing shoes. Secondly, what is wrong with being barefoot? Unless it is a healthy and safety issue, let the piggie-toes be free (they will smell better, too).

Answer by rkoloms at 1:40 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I found the easiest thing is get a pair of slip on shoes(this was for my walker....beof rthat I didnt care if she wore shoes) I tak ethem off when we get in e van, when we get to where we are going they shoes go one and we get out and she goes on the ground(walking of course) then when we go back t othe van off they go. Now (she is 2 1/2) she loves to play with her shoes her brother dads or my shoes, off and on al the time.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• One piece outfits with feet, if they fit in them still.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:57 PM on May. 26, 2009