nervous.. need some reasuring.

i know that im just being paranoid but is it normal to not feel anything at 17 weeks.. like not even butterflies.. i know that you can start feeling the baby anytime between 16-20 weeks.. but im nervous cause i thought i felt "something" but i havent felt anything in like 3 days...

i guess im just looking for comfort that everything will be ok.. i had a mc last year and im terrified of that happening again..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could have been! but also could have been gas lol. not feeling anything for 3 days doesnt mean something in wrong, after all the fetus is still super small and you might not feel the movement all the time right now, if thats what the feeling even was! dont worry =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It' normal not to feel anything at 17 weeks. The baby is moving at 17 weeks but you might just not be able to feel it. I didn't really feel this one until I was 19 weeks. I know your nervous but it's not unusual not to feel anything at this stage.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 1:33 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Movement is not felt regularly until 24 weeks they say.. but i had regular movement by 20weeks .. so please don't worry.. baby is fine i am sure... Something you might be interested in is a dopplar to listen to baby's heart beat wen you are not feeling much or any movement.. they are around $100.00 on ebay. congrats and GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Its normal to not notice any movement you may be feeling movement and dont realize it or possibly the baby moves when you are asleep or active. The baby still has a lot of room and his/her bones arent strong enough yet to give the big KICKS and PUNCHES. i too was worried about movement so I bought a fetal doppler so when ever I am concerned I just check her heart beat to make sure she is fine. I think everything is okay but you can notify your doctor to address any of your concerns.
    Anonymous

• thanks mama's :D
    Anonymous

• That was me 3 weeks ago! I confided to a friend that I was worried because I hadn't felt a thing yet (at 17 weeks), and the very next day baby decided that he/she wants to be a dancer. Many first time mom's (so I've been told) are unable to feel anything up until the 25 week because their uterine muscles are stronger and thicker than women who have had more pregnancies. Also, women with very little abdominal fat probably feel movement sooner than those of us with more abdominal fat.

If ever something doesn't feel right, call your dr. or speak to the nurse. It's worth it just to be told that everything is ok. My OBGYN's nurse is "my new best friend", and always is happy to answer my questions.
    Allison_17

Answer by Allison_17 at 2:18 PM on May. 26, 2009