Floor Damage from Heels?

I know stilettos are supposed to have a thin heel but the ones I got from Aldo have an insanely sharp/thin heel and I noticed when I wore them to a friend's graduation party that they left a few knicks/dinks in the wood. I apologized to my friend who was very understanding and said that wasn't the first time that had happened and that she should have sent out a request saying no thin heels, please. Anyone else have this happen with their high heels? I felt bad as I thought I was just trying to be fashionable and never thought about this happening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Some heels definitely can be sharper than others and you gotta check to make sure the tips haven't broken off and are exposing the metal pin cause that can damage stuff. Yeah i think i know what shoes you are talking about from aldo or at least something very much like 'em. I went in there shopping and some of those stiletto heels were needle thin lol more like a weapon than a shoe you walk in but they do look gorgeous and i am glad your friend was not mad at you!
    Anonymous

• I don't have stilletos but I have the same issue at my house. We just got beautiful mahogany floors in Dec. and recently I was wearing heels with a nail in one of the heels. Don't know when that happened....
    After I walked all through my kitchen and foyer I noticed a few little indentations in the wood I was so upset :( You can't tell unless I point it out to you but I see it everyday b/c I focus on it. Makes me so mad.
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 12:53 PM on May. 27, 2009