? for cloth diapering mamas...

I have cd'd in the past, but it didnt last long. I sold most of what I had. well my son has had a bad diaper rash and today I decided to cd him, but with only one pocket to his name he is now bare lol so i am thinking of starting again. the majority of what I had was prefolds bought from walmart and covers, and I had two pockets. I'd like to stick with pockets and maybe try fitteds and covers (I heard fitteds are great for overnight). how many of each should I have? my son is 13 m/o

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:39 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We just use pocket dipes for our daughter - we have 15, and they do us fine as long as we follow a strict washing routine.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 1:42 PM on May. 26, 2009

• If you are unsure what you'd like to use, I suggest getting sample packages, that'll have 1 or 2 or each different kind. It'll give you 6-8 diapers, usually, and then you can invest in what you really like. I use all in ones during the day, and fitteds with wool covers overnight. This works great for us, but it is so individual.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2009

• i dont like pocket diapers cuz they create too much laundry. we use the g-diaper covers (you can get a start up pack at fred meyers for like $28 and it comes with i think two or three covers) with prefolds instead of using the actual biodegrateable ones that come with it (we use those for travel) they fit really well and arent bunchy at all! and you need fewer of them this way cuz you can re use the covers until they become soiled (usually all day with my 15 month old) so i would suggest having at least 5 covers and assuming you'll do a load every other day probably 15 prefolds would be a minimum. but you can never ahve to many of those. theyre great for burp cloths too. oh and look into wool covers for night time--they are awesome!!
    Anonymous