Why do parents buy those stupid roller shoes for kids !?

Sorry I think they need to be taken off the market ! EVERYTIME I see a kid with them they are "skating " around a busy store and not running over people with them and just acting stupid with them. The sad thing is that they are going to fall and hurt themselves in a store and the parents will blame the store NOT the kid !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• agreed!
    Anonymous

• a lot of stores around here have sings that say " ho heelez allowed"

i ahte them and returned the pair someone bought my SD..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:44 PM on May. 26, 2009

• So my son wants a pair and he was telling me this in Walmart one day. I told him when I thought he was old enough to not wreak havoc and to not hurt himself he could have a pair. When I knew I could trust him to know when to walk and when to skate and I knew he could maintain his balance, essentially. As I am telling him this, a kid on those shoes skates between us and then proceeds to fall flat on his butt. I pointed at the kid as he ran off embarrassed and said "So pretty much when you have learned from kids like those." My son laughed and said he understood. Hasn't even asked about them since.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:45 PM on May. 26, 2009

• my kids have them i don't let them skate in the store parents need to watch their kids
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Ugh! I despise those things!!

I used to waitress back in college when those things first came out. I remember this kid was skating around the restaurant wearing them and finally I had to tell him "look kid, you can't be doing that in here. There are servers walking around with trays of food and drinks and you're knocking into people left and right." I agree with the PP...people need to watch their kids!
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 2:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• It is a parenting issue not the shoes themselves. People don't give a damn anymore. They have no businees in a store. You aren't allowed to roller skate it a store...same thing! I would be irritated with the parents not the shoes.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:23 PM on May. 26, 2009

• the problem there is rude kids and overly indulgent parents, not the product
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:27 AM on May. 27, 2009

• You buy them because the kids like them. Not because you like them. But they shouldn't be skating around the stores.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:28 AM on May. 27, 2009

• I hate those things. Kids are awful with them - Most but not ALL kids who have them have NO respect for boundaries, the facility they're in or the people who clean them or the other people who are in the facility with them. most of the other people in the store with them, etc. It makes me sick to see kids running rampant and their parents not watching, not caring or not even around.
    Anonymous

• My oldest has them from her mother (Who now regrets getting them). When she wears them to our house my DH takes the wheels out and won't let her have me.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 1:27 PM on May. 27, 2009