12 week old

Is it normal for my nearly 12-week old DD to be up at night every 2-3 hrs? She used to go 4-5 when she was sleeping in bed with me, but ever since she's been in her crib, she'll wake every 2-3 hrs. Once in a blue moon she'll go 4 full hours. It's very tiring. Can i do anything? She seems hungry at these times so I always breastfeed her. I should add that she is barely over 10 lbs, maybe she's around 11.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup normal for a baby to wak every couple hours at night. Just give it time and it should get better. I know mine slept threw the night but she would clusterfeed in the evening(she would eat every 30-45 minutes for 3-4 hours)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:54 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Its normal. And sometimes irritating... My son is 11 weeks. He has gotten into a pattern of sleeping for 4-5 hours for a couple nights in a row, then he relapses for a few nights and only sleeps 2-3 hour stretches. He is breastfed as well, some people have said to give him a formula bottle before bed... Doesn't work, dont bother. Others have said to put a little cereal in a bottle, but I wont even think of it til I ask his pediatrician. Goodluck!
    megs424420

Answer by megs424420 at 2:10 PM on May. 26, 2009