Braxton hicks or contractions??

I just came back from my 24 week checkup at the OB/gyn clinic, everything is ok with the baby and me, but as soon as I told the doc. that i was getting a lot of tightening of the stomache,he got concerned. He said that i might be going into prelabor. What the hell is that?
He said i shouldnt be getting so many, he said two or three a day is fine but not every hour or for that matter every two hours. I m scared.
He said braxton hicks are normal but not so early in my pregnancy and not as many times as i get them. He asked me to monitor them, and if i continue to get them to take my ass to the L/D.

Has this happend to anyone?? Any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was having braxton hicks early in my pregnancy too. I don't think I had as many as you are having. The doctor said for the safety of the baby, I should stop working. Anyway

Like your doctor said, if you keep experiencing them like you are, you should go in. Keep monitering, take it easy, and don't get stressed too much about it. Stress will only make it worse.

Hope that helps
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 1:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• oh that makes me feel better too ladies cuz ive been having braxton hicks with this (my second) pregnancy from as early as 20 weeks! i thought i was crazy! but im getting them all the time, like probably 20 a day at least and my dr seems to think thats fine. she said just to call if they get as close together as 5 minuits apart in an hour, which is the same thing she said to me as i was nearing labor with the first baby. so im not sure if she is just super lax maybe i should be concerned too? but im 29 weeks now and everything is still ok, so hope that makes you feel a little better. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:58 PM on May. 26, 2009