Ex-Gay Movement

Have you heard of the ex-gay movement?
What do you think of it?
Do you believe someone can truly be ex-gay?

Personally I think anyone whos calls themselves ex-gay is lieing to themselves. I know this is a heated topic and im not posting this to get fights started. I was reading a blog on myspace that brought up this subject. I just thought i would come here and asked other peoples opinions.

momie_of_munch2

Asked by momie_of_munch2 at 1:50 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well... Michael Jackson was black. I suppose that leaves the door wide open for anything to happen.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:52 PM on May. 26, 2009

• lol
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 1:53 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Ex gay movement is so unhealthy in my opinion. Those people are suppressing who they are just to fit in. I can understand the desire to want to be accepted but to hide and bury who you are is a very bad move.
    Anonymous

• I guess if a murderer says he was born a murderer he is just supressing who he is right? homosexuality is a practice not a birth right.
    Anonymous

• If people can be ex-heterosexual, why not ex-homosexual?
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard anything about this- but I do have to say, the same things DO NOT attract me now as did when I was younger.

I'm not going to criticize "ex-gays" anymore than I would "gays."
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I suspect with the homosexual push going on in society today, that there will be alot of children who will fit in that category. For most of us, we just know who we are and what we are attracted to, for the kids being brain washed at young ages, they are going to have a harder time figuring out who they are.
    Anonymous

• Anon 101
    How re kids being brainwashed now adays? Ive heard this so often but never really heard why people think this? Can you please give me an example or two. Im seriously curious about this.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 2:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

• God forgives sin and a person with Gods help can turn away from it. Being gay is not how someone was born it is a choice. So far scientifically and medically everything things points to homosexuality as nothing but a choice. So if one can choose to be gay they can choose to not be gay.

Anonymous

• Hasn't anyone heard of bisexual? Just because you used to sleep with girls, and now you sleep with guys, your sexuality hasn't changed.

The range of human sexuality is huge. Some people are strictly hetero, some are strictly homo, and people who have sex with both are bi.  I have a friend who yo-yos between the two, dating both men and women.  If she is currently sleeping with a guy, it doesn't mean she is suddenly no longer gay.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:09 PM on May. 26, 2009