mary kay cosmetics

ok i am getting married june 10 very close! and the mary kay lady is coming over about 430 to get my colors and do my face to see how i like it.. does anyone know how mary kay does makeup. i want it very very light i hate caked on makeup.

NewLady1

Asked by NewLady1 at 1:53 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The Mary Kay lady cannot legally put makeup on you, so she shouldn't be touching you. She can guide you through the application process. I had the same set up for my bridal pictures, Mary Kay lady over my shoulder and all. I hated it. The pictures looked awful, I was greasy from their insistence on 75 step moisturizers, etc. and the eyeshadow was way over the top for me. THEN she tried to sell me $300 worth of products. It was an awful experience. Hope yours is better!
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:29 PM on May. 26, 2009

• As a photographer, if you wear your make up too light for your wedding pics, you will look washed out. Like you have on nothing! Try to go a little darker than you normally would , or you'll look like you just got up! I've seen it 1000 times!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:01 PM on May. 26, 2009

• as a correction tot he first response...if your mary kay consultant is also a licenced cosmetologist she can touch you but toherwise she has to guide you through it... but we have a lot of wedding looks pre made by makeup artist robert jones.... they ar every pretty and not goddy.... I would jsut suggest not using eye primer unless you practice with it because that can make your makeup to dark or caked on...and use brown black mascara instead of black.... and for blush just dont use one thats too dark.... shy blush is a good one..... but yeah as long as she does everything correctly you should do fine... if you have oily skin make sure she uses the comb. to oily products and the medium coverage foundation or if your skin is dry make sure she uses the normal to dry formulas and the full coverage foundation.... i'm sure it will come out beautiful though :)
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 4:38 PM on May. 27, 2009