1st birthday party

hey i need some ideas for my daughters first bday party

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 1:56 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Congrats!! It's such a great time for all of you ... the first year of parenthood.

I've had 2 and I remember the first one was more for us, the parents. We had a BBQ/swim party and invited friends and family over. I made the invites and got a really cute smash cake.

For the baby, I had to keep things in check... work around her nap time because you want her to be happy. I wanted it in a familiar surrounding so she wouldn't get upset. I knew all the people wouldn't go over well.

In my opinion, and only just that, I would steer away from a bounce house or other organized party. She's only one. Save that money for when she's five.

Remember people are going to want to pat you on the back for bring up an amazing child in the last 12 months... soak it in, enjoy it.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I did a teddy bear princess party. The cake was a 3-D bear, pink, with a pink tu-tu skirt on. Pink flowers all around the table and tulle everywhere. So cute!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:30 PM on May. 26, 2009