About Medicaid share of costs.?

About Medicaid share of costs.?
How does it work?? Lets say that my share of costs is $800. does it include my husband? and if we go to the dentist for example and between me and my husband the bill comes out $1,000, its pasts my share of cost, will medicaid paid the $1000 or only $200 and i pay the $800??? and if in that same month i go to another dr. will i have to pay or what happens???

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 1:56 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have no clue. I have not heard medicaid doing that before. Have you tried looking it up?

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Nope, it is for medical only not dental. If you shared cost is 800 medicaid will kick in after you have paid 800 out of your own pocket. And no its only good for you. Good luck

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:02 PM on May. 26, 2009

• The following example is how “share of cost”works. If your “share of cost”is $800 and you go to the hospital on May 10thand receive a bill for $1000, you have met the “share of cost”and are Medicaid eligible from May 10ththrough May 31st. If the bill from May 10this a Medicaid covered service received from a Medicaid provider, Medicaid will pay the bill.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure Medicaid will pick up the whole 1000. My daughter had Share of Cost and she had to go to the hospital when she was 3 weeks old because of a high fever, the ended up keeping here there for 3-4 days running tests. Needless to say it was about 12 grand. I didn't pay a penny.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:48 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Hahaha! Nope, doesnt include your husband, I have a MONTHLY shared cost of $1,757!! So does my boyfriend and so does my son! THEY ARE NUTS!! Sooo... my boyfriend got insurance through his job and I got my son Florida healthy kidcare where I only pay $40 a month and me... well i just try not to get sick... dont know what im gonna do about this pregnancy! lol
    FrankiesMa08

Answer by FrankiesMa08 at 3:39 PM on May. 26, 2009

• FrankiesMa08 I think you could possibly get medicaid for pregnant women it will be a big help, you most likely will qualify have you tried that?
    Cristy-1208

Answer by Cristy-1208 at 9:56 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I have share of cost and until recently I HATED IT!!! I will break down what I know from DCF. I live in Hillsborough county so Im not sure if the information is different from county to county.

My share of Cost (SOC) is 90.00 per calendar month. I went to the Dr. on 17th and paid 275.00 which I faxed over to SOC and in 10 business days I will have medicaid for the remainder of the calendar month. I also have to get an MRI this month which will total ALOT. but since the bill i faxed in was more then my decidable if you may I will have full medicaid. Since my dr. doesn't take ANY insurance I faxed the bill that I paid to SOC they will in turn send a check to my Dr. within 10 days my Dr. will apply it to my account.

To answer your question you and your husband MUST have separate SOC accounts. if your bill is OVER your SOC you pay nothing but if its under then you have to pay it Hope that helps, but walmart RX accepts SOC
    linzienacole

Answer by linzienacole at 5:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2011