1st birthday party

hey i need some ideas for my daughters first bday party

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 1:56 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• We had a princess party for my daughter when she turned one. It was really fun, a castle cake, and a crown for her.
    I even made "Frog Prince" gift bags for her boy cousins.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I didnt really have a theme my dad and daughter have birthdays that are right after eachother I had everyone buy her thier favorite childhood book instead of toys and had one book for everyone to sign. but this year we are doing a princess meet and greet for her and a tropial theme for my dad.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 4:20 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I am a kids party entertainer and it's my experience that the guest of honor doesn't always cooperate during a huge bash filled with activities. I have worked some crazy over the top parties too, the happiest babies I've seen had a party with their immediate family. They seem overwhelmed and get upset when being passed around to distant family members and forced to pose for pics with everyone. They tire easily, so my advice is to fight the urge to throw a large event unless it's very laid back like a picnic where naps aren't a big deal. I would still go with a theme maybe a favorite character, you'll get better pictures if a baby is surrounded with familiar faces and even music during picture/cake time. Have a blast and take lots of pictures, they get big so fast !
    partiesRmyjob

Answer by partiesRmyjob at 7:03 PM on May. 26, 2009