Whats wrong with her?!?!

So my husband had a baby boy with this girl and she never told him bout him till he was 9 months old. Ever since he has been up to date on support and pays alot of it too. Weve always tried to contact her to see the boy and she doesnt answer/return phone calls or emails. So finally we took her to court and for 7 months my husband was seeing the boy at her house for 2 hrs a week. Not much at all. Well at first they asked if the boy referred to him as his name and not dad. And he agreed to that thinking it wouldnt last long. Well 7 months down the road we are finally seeing the boy at our house and my husband told him he is his dad and he needs to start calling him that. Well she flipped out and said they will not refer to him as that in her house. So it is only going to confuse the boy even more. What is wrong with this girl and I need some advice before I go nuts!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh my. Well I guess all I could say to this is that maybe she is angry at your husband for something...holding a grudge...and trying to punish him by acting like that.
    ihave3turkeys

Answer by ihave3turkeys at 2:00 PM on May. 26, 2009

• just remember that you can not control her actions - you have to raise him the way that you choose while he is in your house. don't talk bad about the mother - just teach him the way you want and it may take longer if the mother is not on board- but the boy will figure out that his dad is his dad. just ignore her - she loves getting a rise out of you two!! don't let her!!
    Anonymous

• the child is 9 months or years???
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:47 PM on May. 26, 2009

• wow, i dont know, are YOU able to sit down with her like adults or is she out of hand when it even comes to that. Maybe she has a serious grudge, but she should be happy her baby boy has a daddy who WANTS to be in his life and his wife in on board and cares a lot too. BUT some women will take that as a threat to. I think that if you are unable to talk to her like a civil adults then just raise him the way your husband and you want to while he is with you. Eventually he will understand, but dont ever talk badly about him mother to him.
    FrankiesMa08

Answer by FrankiesMa08 at 3:35 PM on May. 26, 2009

• We never talk badly about her in front of him. And no she is very unable to communicate has actually said some pretty bad things about me. Very jealous as far as I can tell!!! And he was 9 months old when my husband found out about him and immediatly started paying support he is now 4 years. And were getting a lawyer and going for every other weekend soon. But she doesnt want us to even be able to see him alone for 4 hours. This is the first time my husband has ever had him alone.
    Anonymous