Do you leave them or take them?

If your husband was sleeping and you needed to make a quick errand, do you take your kids with you or do leave them at home with your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on May. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• 99% of the time i take my dd with me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:58 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I take them, because if he wakes up and I'm not there and they are, he wont like that
    Anonymous

• I would take them.

Answer by Bmat at 1:59 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would take them, or at the very least wake him up and let him know that you are leaving for a few minutes and for him to listen for them. My husband would be pretty upset if he woke up and I was gone and the kids were running around.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:03 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would take my youngest with me and give my six year old the choice. If he decided to stay, I'd let my husband know he was still going to be there while I was gone.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would take them
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 2:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Depends upon their age. If the roles were reversed and I was sleeping and didn't realize I was the responsible adult - I would be quite angry and feel like my husband had placed our children at risk because I wasn't aware I needed to be mindful that he wasn't there.

Now, older kids - that's another story if they're responsible and not in trouble but my younger kids are 3 months and a 3 year old - I'd not even leave my 7 year old like this but she's very flighty and not responsible AT ALL.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:19 PM on May. 26, 2009

• take them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• How about waking up the husband, he's a parent, too, isn't he?
    Jodie118

Answer by Jodie118 at 2:26 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I would probably take them....my hubby works so hard, he deserves his sleep...
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 2:42 PM on May. 26, 2009