How do I get my SO to do more with my son

I talked to him about it and he said he would, He tells me he loves him like his son, but he only will watch him alone if I have a doc appointment, and when we are together he never wants to do things like go to the park, zoo, ect, or kid freindly places and when we do he just finds somewhere to sit and play with the I pod or just be irritated, I want him to be more acctive with him, I even tryed to sign them up for father son soccor but my SO said no he didn't want to, I don't know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Explain that your son is more important to you then he is and if he doesnt get his act together you're gonna make a choice.
    I really dont know. Good luck.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:08 PM on May. 26, 2009

• you're a package deal. don't be with anyone who doesn't love your kids. and yes, i mean love, not just like or tolerate or avoid, but LOVE!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:46 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Yeah Bestmommy is on the money...

I will not get better it will just get worse...

Your SO is showing you what he is made of...you will be the one to settle if you continue the
    relationship.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:06 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Do they have anything in common ,your boyfriend and son? It took my husband a while to get used to having my daughter around , like alone. It helped when he had to babysit her when I had to go to work. Or start small have them run errands together. Ask him to watch your son while you take a nap, or visit with a friend.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:21 PM on May. 26, 2009