my 4 year old wont stop peeing the bed

She doesn't just pee the bed at night, but at naptime. She doesn't just pee once it is more like I think at least 2 or 3 times cause her bed is socking wet. She has been potty trained since she was 19 months old. She was trained at bedtime a little after 2 then naptime right before 2, but since I had a baby 17 months ago she has went back to peeing the bed. I stopped giving her drinks at 6 and putting her on the potty before she lays down, but she still pees the bed. She doesn't even drink awhole lot during the day. I tried pullups thos good night things all that did was make her want them she says she is a baby and now she even asks for a binki which he never took (i don't give her though) so I stopped the pullups. What can I do to get her to stop peeing the bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on May. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i use a reward system fore my daughter. if she doesnt pee to bed and if she is a good girl then i give her ice cream. we make a big deal about it. she gets to pick out what ice cream she wants so she feels important.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:22 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Spend more time with her during the day. She wants your attention. She sees how much attention the baby gets and she wants it too.
    Have her help you clean up her mess. Teach her how to take off the sheets and put them in the washer or with the rest of the laundry.
    Also, you might try talking to her about how now that she is a big sister she needs to help you teach the baby how to grow up. Try to include her in changing diapers and feedings. Make her feel important. Tell her that it's her job to take care of the baby when you're not around (like when you go to the bathroom or whatever0. Good luck.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:16 PM on May. 26, 2009

• I agree she is feeling neglected...
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 4:49 PM on May. 26, 2009

• Our daughter is doing that now. What worked in the past was rewarding her for using the toilet. Such as going to the library, bowling, giving her pennies for peeing, etc. Do that for a week or two then stop rewarding and give praise. If it doesn't bother you try putting a toddler potty in her room. Easy access and she won't get confused about when its okay to leave room at nap time. Don't forget to dump it!!! Our dog trys to drink it when she goes to wipe herself. Dogs are gross, cute but gross.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 5:17 PM on May. 26, 2009

• My 3 yr old was doing good then he started peeing in his sleep. He only wakes up to pee sometimes. Its not him being lazy because i have actuly seen him pee while he was naping. I put pull ups on him at night. If he wakes up he will call for me to take him to the bathroom.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 11:04 AM on May. 27, 2009